humming for hummus


...hey guys, oh how I missed you all! I was finally able to get a breather from making art today and catch up with an old friend @ a cafe over hummus & pumpkin spice lattes....

We had a hilarious time discussing about being the "weird girl" in high school, I hold those memories fondly. i know at the time it was stressful being so strange or "alt" without even trying. I remember kids approaching me asking "so you're into like alternative music like 'michelle branch' right" and I look at them with like "WTH?!" I was more into cibbo matto, radiohead and franz ferdinand, michelle branch was alternative as vanilla ice cream...

allison in the breakfast club

I remember wearing zebra chucks with rainbow laces, my one of my best friends looked like jason schwartzman, and together we looked like a ghetto rendition of a wes anderson film. HA, I remember on senior ditch day, we actually "ditched" school versus many people who just didn't show up, and went to go see an indie flick....we were such dorks. i remember him calling me a martyr because he, at least, just wore ironic t shirts why I dressed anything from hyper punk to japanese fruits style...but it was some of the best times of my life..

veronica in heathers

tonight my friend and I giggle about how we used to "escape" to the city, she would go off to see punk bands why I was again checking out foreign films, going to comic book stores (nothing has changed)

we also talked about our first boyfriends and first friends. I remember both vividly, but I am always proud of my first boyfriend who occured in 2nd grade, he looked like joey ramone (white tshirts and black jeans! IN 2ND GRADE LAWLS), I thought he was the bee knees! (His older brother was more punk) He gave me all of his halloween candy that year, we held hands, but sadly he moved away...siigh, I would try to facebook him, BUT I DONT REMEMBER HIS NAME..haha oh well!

Regardless, it was fun to reminisce and see how far we come, to see what has changed, who got married, knocked up, or came out....in the end, nothing was all too surprising...

But overall, it was a great time chatting it up with her, I hope we can do it again soon...

+

check out this outfit I posted on lookbook.nu hype if you like...



back to art making T^T (only an artist would complain about having to make art)

till next time (hopefully sooner than later)

0 comments: